3/13/2016 - 4:45pm
The MTA has announced that all aboveground subway stations will close at 4 a.m. on Tuesday, meaning that service will only run underground. For information about other possible MTA changes and closings tomorrow, look here.
In its 4 a.m. Monday update, the Weather Service upgraded its blizzard watch to a blizzard warning, and said the most likely snow total for New York City was 20 inches, which would break a 129-year record for March. Meteorologists said to expect a minimum of 11 inches, and as much as 23 inches of snow.
Mayor de Blasio announced on Monday that schools would be shut down on Tuesday.
For the first time this year, the Department of Sanitation is deploying its full snow-fighting force, starting with 689 salt spreaders across the five boroughs.
The city’s Emergency Management Department has already issued a hazardous travel advisory, urging New Yorkers to avoid the roads and to take public transit.
CLOSINGS AND CANCELLATIONS
Please watch this space for important updates on event cancellations related to the current snow storm.
A.R.T./New York Closings and Cancellations
- A.R.T./New York's Manhattan office will be closed on Tuesday 3/14
- A.R.T./New York's Spaces @ 520 will be closed on Tuesday 3/14
A.R.T./New York Member Theatres - Closings and Cancellations
If you have a show cancellation, or any other delays, closings or cancellations you would like to share, email email@example.com.
Making a cancellation after Office Hours? Use the comment box at the bottom to share your cancellation immediately.
- Tuesday, March 14 performances of White Guy on the Bus at 7p.m and Sam & Dede at 7.30 at 59E59 Theaters have been cancelled. Ticket holders should check their email and/or contact the point of purchase for information on exchanges and refunds.
- Ars Nova's SUNDOWN, YELLOW MOON will play as scheduled tonight, and we have released a special snow-day discount: Code SNOWGO will get folks buy one, get one free tix to tonight & tomorrow’s 7pm performances.
- Barrow Street Theatre's Sweeney Todd is cancelled tonight on 3/14
- Epic Theatre Ensemble's Education Benefit, scheduled for Tuesday, March 14th has been postponed because of the impending snow storm.
- Keen Company's When It's You is cancelled for Tuesday 3/14
- New York Theatre Workshop's The Object Lesson is cancelled on 3/14
- The Playwrights Realm has cancelled The Moors tomorrow, Tues 3/14
The Public Theater and Joe's Pub have cancelled all performances
- SITI Company's CHESS MATCH NO. 5 will not be performed on Tuesday, March 14 at 7pm at Abingdon Theatre Company (312 West 36th Street)
- Victory Theatre's Kid Victory is cancelled on 3/14
Our office closes at 6pm, cancellations you email after that time might not go up right away. To get your information up ASAP, please enter it in the comments below: